Classes For Men’s Physique:
1. Men’s Physique Including 173Cms & Below
2. Men’s Physique including 173.1Cms & Above
NOTE: If your height is 173.1 or above, you will NOT be eligible to play in the 173Cms & Below Category
3. Juniors - Men’s Physique 1 OPEN CLASS - You Must Be Below 23 Years of Age on The Day of the competition - You must be born on or after 23rd November, 1996.
REGISTRATION PROCESS FOR JUNIORS COMPETITORS
• All Registrations for Juniors Will need to be done Off Line. Please contact Harry Sandhu on +91 78274 66221 from Boss Classic and we will be more than glad to help you with the entire process.
Judging Criteria For Mens Physique:
• You need to have a pleasant overall balanced Physique – A strong emphasis will be given to this aspect.
• You need to have clear and well defined abs. This will be marked favorably. However, the “Genetic” Make up of your abs will NOT GO AGAINST YOU.
• You will be marked down significantly if you have a thick waist, especially if its protruding out (sticking out).
• You will also be marked favorably for “Reasonable” Vascularity. If you are overly vascular, and have veins coming out of your entire body, in that case you will be marked down.
• Your Overall conditioning will also be marked favorably.
• Having Well Rounded Shoulders, Wide Back, Good Obliques, and balance will be marked favorably
• BACK WIDTH TO WAIST RATIO – The better ratio you have, higher you will be marked
• Your upper leg development will be not be marked for scoring, since you will be posing in board shorts in the Compulsory Round. However you will be scored on your Calf Development.
• Your size can be an advantage, however your SIZE MUST BE ACCOMPANIED WITH EQUALLY GOOD PROPORTIONS. However, if you are way too big (especially if you look more like a body builder than a Physique competitor, especially if you have a THICK WAIST, THAT WILL GO AGAINST YOU IN SCORING.
Posing – General Guidelines:
• You WILL be marked on your Posing.
• If you are selected in the Top 6 of your class, you WILL be required to do an individual Posing routine of 1 Minute or Under.
• In the Individual Posing Routine, you can do any kind of posing routine. However, we strongly recommend you NOT to hit any Body Building Poses, do any Flipping, Cart Wheels, Splits, Dancing or anything that is not usually seen at the International Level.
• If you do something that looks really silly in Judges eyes, you WILL be marked down for that.
• Best advice we can give you for Individual Posing Routine is, be creative with your posing, but keep it “Classy”. Also, try not to make too many hand movements or keep moving unnecessarily during your posing.
• You will be judged at ALL TIMES WHEN YOU ARE ON STAGE. What this means, even if you are standing at the back of the stage, the judges WILL BE WATCHING YOU.
• Please bring your Posing music in a CD & a USB. You will need to provide this to the backstage Marshalls, if you make it to the Final 5.
• Your Individual Posing Routine WILL BE MARKED.
• None of the 7 Compulsory body building poses are allowed. You will be marked down if you hit any of the body building poses.
• Once the judges have finished comparisons, and tallied up the scores, you will be asked to leave the stage.
• The official judging will conclude with this.
• The Top 6 will be required to come back later on for the Medal Presentation.
Posing – Compulsory Rounds Guidelines:
• FACING THE JUDGES: When you come out on stage, and are facing the judges, you can either have your 1 hand on your hip, or you can have both hands pointing downwards. Make sure you spread your lats well and are facing the judges. A slight angle is acceptable.
• QUARTER TO THE RIGHT: Once the judges have finished judging you from the front, the Head Judge will call “QUARTER TURN TO THE RIGHT” – Once again, you can either have your 1 hand on your hip, or you can have both hands pointing downwards. Make sure you spread your lats well and are facing the judges to an extent.
• QUARTER TO THE RIGHT AGAIN (Back Towards The Judges): Once the judges have finished judging you from the front, the Head Judge will call “QUARTER TURN TO THE RIGHT” – Once again, you can either have your 1 hand on your hip, or you can have both hands pointing downwards. Make sure you spread your lats well and are facing the back of the stage. Our advice to you would be is, practice your ability to spread your lats as well as you can.
Posing Trunks, Grooming & Presentation:
• Posing Trunks for this category are your KNEE LENGTH SHORTS.
• Your shorts MUST NOT BE ANY LOWER THAN WHERE YOU CALF MUSCLES START.
• If your shorts cover your calves even a little bit – YOU “COULD BE” MARKED DOWN – as the judges won’t be able to see your calves properly. Our advice to you would be is, please pay close attention to the shorts you choose to wear.
• You will also be scored on your grooming, hair style, facial presentation, and over all presentation.
• Whilst this will have very little impact if your physique is not up to mark, however if 2 competitors have scores tied, then the competitor with BETTER GROOMING, STAGE PRESENTATION AND POSING WILL BE MARKED MORE FAVORABLY. Our advice to you would be is, to focus equally well above on your Grooming, Stage Presentation & Posing as building your physique.
Pro Tan is NOT COMPULSORY AND YOU CAN USE ANY TAN BRAND YOU LIKE. But you must NOT BE TANNED LIKE A BODY BUILDER. If you are too shiny or Oily, you MIGHT BE MARKED DOWN. A PRO TAN “LOOK” IS WHAT WE RECOMMEND.